cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zax
Pico de Orizaba

Currently there is a limitation for showing maximum 100 media files in the athlete profile. Can you increase that number or just leave it without limit?

10 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Lola
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Zax!

Strava only displays 100 of your most recent photos on your profile page to decrease the stress on our servers and prevent timeouts. However, all of your photos are still available on the activity page where they were uploaded. Strava does not delete or remove any photos.

Thanks for submitting your idea to increase this limit. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Lola
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Juli92
Mt. Kenya

Thanks for answering 🙂

While that may be true, I like scrolling through my own media, or my friends media to go back and see pictures from things we did together. If I were to scroll through my own activity page or some of my more active friends' pages I would have to scroll for minutes to get to the pictures from more than a year ago, which is were picture #101 might start. It is quite inconvenient and eventually all the older pictures will be so hard to retrieve that they are practically inexistent. 

I do not necessarily understand the issue with server space? The pictures are on your servers anyways and accessible by scrolling though all the activities. Then again, I know very little about IT. So maybe there is an issue I am not seeing. 

petervalkema
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I went to a series of my activities (of 2013) to see the photos I posted with them, for instance this one,

https://www.strava.com/activities/57766140 

I am sure there were photos, but not anymore. Can you tell me what went wrong, considering what Lola wrote just above?

Thanks for your help

Peter

petervalkema
Mt. Kenya

Any news on this question? Thanks!

MakeStravaGreat
Pico de Orizaba

Facebook is free and they let us have 1000s of photos on our profiles. Strava costs $100 a year and we only get 100? Wat a joke. 

Ive got over 1200 activities on my account, do u realise how hard it is to go back through them to find a photo? 

Having photos linked to memorable activities is huge. I love looking back at them as well as looking at friends. 

You guys are missing a pretty big draw card here. 

SpeediestKitty
Shkhara

This has to change; I put photos on many of my important activities but it would take ages to scroll back years to see them. Strava needs to ensure all photos are shown when clicking on the photos displayed on a users profile, it’s simple. 

Zax
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Lola, In that case maybe would be good idea to group all images by year, and for each year by month. Then their numbеr in group likely will not be bigger than 100.

マイキー
Mt. Kenya

Adding my voice here too. This is simply a cost-saving exercise for Strava, rather than allowing infinite-scroll of our own or other user's images. 

マイキー
Mt. Kenya

I will add, as a Premium subscriber, this is especially pathetic of Strava.

Brandonlee99
Mt. Kenya

It should also be easier to categorize media to make it easier to retrieve when activities have taken place deep in the past. 

Seems strange how all other social media platforms offer easy storage and retrieval of media, but Strava, a paid for service...does not? 

If you're really looking to drive Strava into a fully blown social media platform like it seems; hitting this crucial problem first would certainly enable that possibility.