cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slogfester
Shkhara

Years ago, when the Strava app appeared, you could sort segments by age AND weight. Then that option disappeared. Why? Would be great to have it back on the app and website.

3 Comments
Status changed to: Archived
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea to sort segments by age and weight. We generally do not accept suggestions to roll back changes within the product, as per our Guide to Ideas. I checked in with our team to better understand the reasoning behind this. The combined age+weight leaderboards were indeed available many years ago. Enabling this combination would drastically slow down the leaderboards (there are 9 age groups and 16 weight groups, so 25 total extra leaderboards. If we did every combination, we'd be adding 144 extra leaderboards for every segment). 

slogfester
Shkhara

Hi Soren, thx for your reply.

Many many segments are junk/duplicates. Without cleaning them up (long overdue IMHO), what about Strava and/or the community nominating 'Super Segments', e.g. Stelvio, Alpe Duez etc. I.e. benchmark climbs where the difference between a -say- 46 year old weighing 65 kg and a 54 year old weighing 85 kg really does matter. Here in little old Brisbane on the other side of the world, I'm guessing the majority of the strava community would nominate Mt Cootha, for example. These 'super segments' could then be sorted by age and weight.

To be honest, it currently looks to me like Strava failed to keep up/invest with the increase in their own user base. If your computing infrastructure could sort by age and weight before, why can't it now?

Creating 'Super segments' might be away of Strava catching up?

Regards

Soren
Denali

Unfortunately, I don't have any additional insight into this, but I will gladly pass on your feedback regarding the concept of "Super Segments" being nominated and filtered by age & weight to our product team. Thanks so much for your contribution!