cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taj89
Shkhara

Recently I did a multi-day hike through some areas in the alps with very very poor network reception so that I was unable to upload my activities in the form that I wanted them to be (nice description & couple of images). 

After ending my activity after each hike at the end of each day, Strava tried to upload my activity to publish it to my feed. In areas with poor network coverage this process may not work and causes my phone to retry the upload over and over again which causes an increased consumption of battery (which is not good if you are in remote areas). 

Feature request: When ending an activity provide the possibility "Store as draft" which stores the activity locally on the mobile phone without triggering an upload. The activity is then saved and can be edited and published at a later point in time when network reception is better and the activities are ready to be shared.

3 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Scout
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Dominik
Mt. Kenya

Or even have this as an option in your personal profile settings : choose between uploading activities "automatically" or as a "draft" so you can adapt settings in function of your personal wishes or specific periods (such as example in post of Taj89)

Status changed to: Archived
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello.

We wanted to let you know that your idea submission regarding uploading an activity as a draft from September of 2022 will be archived. While this idea is interesting, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this and currently aren’t able to prioritize this idea.

The workaround we recommend is to change your privacy settings so all activities upload as only visible to you.  You can then edit and change the privacy settings of the activity at your convenience if you want to share the activity publicly or with your Followers.   

Please note that your feedback is valuable to Strava. As stated in our Community Idea Guidelines, we receive many idea submissions each week, and realistically, there may be various reasons that prevent us from including an idea on our Product Roadmap.  

We want to thank you for taking the time to submit your idea and we look forward to your continued contributions to the Strava Community.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team