I think it would be great to have a virtual Scavenger Hunt Challenge in Strava because this will be fun and motivate people to get outdoors.
I think this is important because:
- Scanvenger Hunt will combine physical and digital worlds into an adventure
- It can have various virtual items pop-up in Strava's digital map around the world. Socks, shoes, bikes, shorts, singlets, hats, helmets, shades, basketball, soccer ball, snowboards, medallions etc.
- The items only show up on the map once the athlete starts their activity, so they can't drive to that location before starting.
- The items are only available to the first five athletes who reach it
- Athletes can use the Strava map like a Pokedex and use routes to find the secret items.
- Every day the location of the items are reset around the world.
- The most difficult locations (i.e. top of mountains) will have more valuable prizes.
- Brands can sponsor their own virtual items that spawn in Strava World just like challenges and announce it on social media. Athletes can then trade these items for discounts
I think this would be a really fun way to get people outdoors and connect with brands.
Next Race: Malibu Half (11/5/23)