cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qabb
Shkhara

Not sure if at all possible, but often I wonder what songs, podcast etc people are listening to whilst completing their activity.

Would be great to be able to share your Apple Music / Spotify / podcast track that you listened to during your run / ride etc.  I think that'd be interesting...

25 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Lola
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Lola
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

charlo
Mt. Kenya

Yes! As an expansion on this idea I would really like to see what I was listening to tracked against my run, and then be able to see which songs make me run faster, with a better cadence etc. 

kevinterrobang
Mt. Kenya

Yes! I would love to be able to see a list of the songs I was listening to during my activity & it would also be awesome to see them against activity segments on the map.

rorhug
Shkhara

Hey @qabb !

You're in luck because we've recently built this integration. We're calling it Spava and it does exactly what you're describing.

You can check out an activity on Spava here! https://www.spava.club/a/8503836839

Two things we're missing for you at the moment are:

• Podcasts: Spotify's API does not provide which podcasts were playing - only music. I am a fan of podcasts while running on occasion so this is disappointing 😞
  • Apple music: Unfortunately, Apple does not provide the time at which music was played via their API so it's hard for us to know what was playing during your activity time. We may have a workaround soon but it won't be as nice as the Spotify one.

@kevinterrobang: Songs against splits/laps/segments is coming soon!

@charlo: Which tracks your ran fastest to, playlists generated for your cadence/bpm are also coming soon!

Would love you all to test out Spava and provide any feedback here or via the messenger on the site!

Thanks!

https://spava.club 

DonKerrigan
Mt. Kenya

It would be really cool to be able to add a song to a Strava activity as a soundtrack/theme for the workout.

This feature could be a great way to engage people a little more with each other's workouts and add another layer of value to scrolling through your feed in Strava. Share new music with each other and to share what song may have got you through a tough activity. 

I'm imagining this as a little preview of the song on the activity screen. Auto play could be a setting or require the user to hit play. 

angusgordon
Mt. Kenya

I endorse DonKerrigan’s idea. Keeping it simple with a single title soundtrack is what I want, much like how Instagram stories function. There is no need to go so granular with a list of tracks played and where on the route, just simply choose one track that best represents the workout. 

Samantha
Pro
Pro

I recently saw that strava has the ability to connect to Spotify while you work out directly from the app. That got me thinking. It would be awesome if you could pair a song to your workout similarly to how you can pair music to Instagram stories and posts. 

Market-and-Ivy
Shkhara

Would be cool to be able to directly tag a playlist / podcast on Spotify / Apple Music within an Activity. If i listen to a podcast during a run, I will usually add it in the description but if would be cool to be able to directly link to the playlist/podcast directly. 

adr74
Mt. Kenya

would be great feature and addition to adding a foto or video. When I ride I always have a song or two coming up in my mind. would love to share and see what others "sing" during their rides!

Siemen
Shkhara

Hi guys,

Wouldn't you love to post your activities with a (short) part of a song, for instance the one that motivated you in a certain run or ride?

I upload activities everyday, and as I am a rower, these activities get very boring, as I always row the same course or, even worse, the same 90 mins on the indoor rowing machine. 

What if, just like in Instagram, you could add a snippet of a song to that activity? I would love to see what my friends uploaded, and for me it would be a lot more fun.

For instance, I post an activity of a 2k race, and 30s of the song POWER - Kanye West plays, with a visual of that album, just like in Instagram.

What do you think?

Siemen

ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

I absolutely hate this idea. The last thing in the world I want is for random snippets of music to start playing while I'm scrolling through my Strava feed. 

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Wattnissen
Mt. Kenya

Perform.fm (pr.fm) puts your 50 last played tracks in Spotify (or less if the activity is shorter) in the description of your activity. Like this: https://strava.app.link/PAd9W8MLEGb 

The service has sadly been down the last couple of days though.

Izzy10
Mt. Kenya

Sync Spotify with activity. Would be cool to share what you were listening to while exercising. Maybe this could be done by syncing the listening history or whether something would be able to extract what you were listening to at the same time points of your activity upload? 

rorhug
Shkhara

We have developed exactly what you're looking for: Spava!

Here' an example: https://www.spava.club/a/10706911591

@Wattnissen @Izzy10 @adr74 @qabb @Market-and-Ivy

Would love to hear any feedback or ideas you have