cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jérome
Mt. Kenya

I have a suggest to add a feature. When you follow a gpx, screen is fading after several seconds. You have to tuch the screen to have more light for a while, and fading several seconds later. 

Could it be possible to auto light the screen several meters before a way changing and auto fade after seconds. Like that, not necessary to tuch the screen, free hands for handlebar.

6 Comments
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Jérome,

Thanks for your post!  You don't mention what GPS device you're using to record, but if it's the Strava Mobile App, there is a way to keep your screen on while recording:

From the "Record" screen on the App, select the "Settings" menu, then select "Screen Display".

Let us know if that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jérome
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

It's with the mobile app. I don't want to keep screen on all time for battery. That's why it could be good to auto light the screen with way changing.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Could you clarify what you mean by "way changing"?  Are you thinking the screen could light up if the App senses you are slowing down or turning?

Jane (she/her)

Jérome
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Yes that's right. The screen could turn on a few meters before a change of direction.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying that.  I have moved your suggestion to our Ideas board, so that others can also vote on it.  I also edited the title so it's clear in the title text what you are suggesting.   You can view it here.  

Feel free to comment on your post to add any details, screenshots, or tags. We kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)

Status changed to: Archived
Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello. We wanted to let you know that your idea submission from October 2022 will be archived. While this idea is interesting, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this and currently aren’t able to prioritize this idea.

Please note that your feedback is valuable to Strava. As stated in our Community Idea Guidelines, we receive many idea submissions each week, and realistically, there may be various reasons that prevent us from including an idea on our Product Roadmap.  

We want to thank you for taking the time to submit your idea and we look forward to your continued contributions to the Strava Community. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)