cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathanam1
Shkhara

This app only seems to cater to existing trails. It would be nice to be able to create a route from scratch. I'd like to create a route on the water, but the program keeps jumping to a road or trail that is close by. Very frustrating. 

8 Comments
Yari
Shkhara

Currently in the mobile version of Strava one can only see running and cycling routes and segments. However, seeing some popular swimming routes would be nice to get inspiration. Possibly also with the water temperatures to see whether it is an appropriate weather for an athlete.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea to enable route creation for water/paddle sports. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Seas_of_Cheese
Mt. Kenya

It is possible to save a paddle trip in Strava, however, Strava does not allow users to create a route or segment along rivers, creeks and lakes.  

I would love to be able to add segments to my canoe trips through the city and be able to track my time as well others'.

MakeStravaGreat
Pico de Orizaba

Great idea, good for swimming and other water sports too

nick_crowe
Mt. Kenya

totally agree, we have timed laps, so a fixed start, 3 turning buoys and a fixed finish. Being able to time laps and segments would be great. 

JeffyP
Mt. Kenya

Is it possible to create a route for canoes, kayaks, or swimming (or whatever water sport) on water?  Many folks would like to get segments for particular stretches of water.

james69
Mt. Kenya

I'm an open water swimmer. The ability to create routes over water, place markers to match existing markers in the water, would be great. Why can't open water swimmers see and compare routes the same as cyclists or runners? It seems like such a simple thing to allow way points to be place anywhere on a map, not just on land. Devalues the price of subscription for me with out this functionality. 

JENewport
Mt. Kenya

I think routes and segments for sailing would lead to some interesting uses.   One thing that holds it back (if it were possible) is that gap detection would cause a segment to be rejected.   In sailing we would care about the start and end points but not anything in-between.   

Small clubs could use strava to track races (series of segments).  People can win segments for the day.

Also - a segment on a popular stretch could be interesting for long term.  Say between two ocean buoys.  It marks that you did it, what your previous times are, and links you to others who have done it as well.