cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

We all know that Strava can write to Apple Health, but you only write a limited data set. 

I would like you to extend that data set to include heart rate.  That way I can see heart rate analysis from the ride within Strava and see my overall heart rate across the whole day in Apple Health.  

Strava and Apple Health will then be even more complementary to each other. 

Thanks 

Bryan

11 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

SeymourBikes
Shkhara

I'd add, it will be nice to have it not limit it by workout source like Strava does with routes. Currently Strava will not update the Health App with routes from Garmin.

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Good point 

Sc00terMcGavin
Mt. Kenya

+1 to this.  Rather than needing to use a 3rd party app to do it (RunGap), just send the HR data (as well as power, cadence, and any other metic Apple health supports)

fishroy
Mt. Kenya

+1 - Having to pay for another app (RunGap) just to get data into Apple Health when already paying a premium for Strava is rather frustrating.  Apple's HealthKit API makes writing this trivial (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/healthkit/hkquantitytypeidentifier/1615138-heartrate).  

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Exactly my point and why I raised the feature request.  
You shouldn’t have to be a developer to get this type of information into Apple

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Any news from Strava admin as to whether this has made it to the backlog?

Alexwarnold
Mt. Kenya

any news, or work around? I’d like athlytic to be able to read my heart rate from strava, athlytic can already get my starve workout from apple health but it only gets the calories, it’s missing heart rate

Sc00terMcGavin
Mt. Kenya

No, only workaround is RunGap.  Seems to not be a priority for Strava to implement.

derda
Mt. Kenya

I would love to see this implemented!

Thanks 

codeman8417
Mt. Kenya

Signed up to community for this feature.  Seems pretty pointless to send some stuff to Health and not HR