cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to automatically import HIIT activities from Garmin as CrossFit

Egly443
Mt. Kenya

On my Garmin Forerunner 255 I have renamed my HIIT activities as CrossFit but when automatically imported into Strava they are listed incorrectly as a Workout rather than CrossFit. 
 I would like a feature to be able to say I wish these imported correctly to Strava as type CrossFit rather than workout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying that.  When an activity file is synced over to Strava, we check for an activity type field in the file, and that helps us determine what Strava activity type to apply to the activity when it is displayed on your Strava account.   Unfortunately naming a Garmin activity "CrossFit" will not cause it to be categorized as a CrossFit activity on Strava.

The good news is that if Garmin at some point adds CrossFit as an activity type on your watch, and they specify this in the file they upload to us, we will be able to automatically show your activity as "CrossFit".

The workaround in the meantime is to edit your Strava activity and change the activity type to "CrossFit" as you are doing now.  Sorry I don't have better news on this!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dankly
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue except im recording HiiT activities but its uploading to strava as a workout. If i look at the activity in connect its categorised as HiiT.

My other activities like mountain bike ride or road ride are labelled correctly when they are uploaded to strava and are correctly categorised in connect also.

I have a Garmin Epix Gen2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Egly443 

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you clarify that you are recording your activities as HIIT on your Garmin, and then re-categorizing them as CrossFit on Garmin?  If that's the case, the new activity type won't be synced to Strava, since the Garmin>Strava sync happens immediately when you upload the new activity to Garmin.

Is there an option to record them as CrossFit activities on your Garmin device?

Jane (she/her)

Hi I can clarify I have renamed the HIIT activity on my Garmin watch as name CrossFit, but it is still activity type HIIT on my Garmin Forerunner 255 Music. There is no activity type CrossFit currently on my Garmin watch or Garmin Connect.

At the moment there appears to be no way to record an activity on my Garmin watch and when it is synced to Strava come in as type CrossFit.

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying that.  When an activity file is synced over to Strava, we check for an activity type field in the file, and that helps us determine what Strava activity type to apply to the activity when it is displayed on your Strava account.   Unfortunately naming a Garmin activity "CrossFit" will not cause it to be categorized as a CrossFit activity on Strava.

The good news is that if Garmin at some point adds CrossFit as an activity type on your watch, and they specify this in the file they upload to us, we will be able to automatically show your activity as "CrossFit".

The workaround in the meantime is to edit your Strava activity and change the activity type to "CrossFit" as you are doing now.  Sorry I don't have better news on this!

Jane (she/her)

HIIT activity is now on Strava!! But if I do a HIIT activity on my Garmin, it still appears as a generic workout when it syncs. How come?

This is true for now. We are working with Garmin to ensure that the Sport Type is automatically uploaded as HIIT when synced to Strava, they stated that HIIT will be in the next release