cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities with children

hesetmyfeetupon
Mt. Kenya

I’d really like to be able to label activities with children (much like shoes or commutes) to give a more accurate picture of speed with and without (and be able to show them how many miles they’ve done in one place)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nostrilsack 

Yes, I understand your point.  

I would encourage you to submit your idea to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anthlis
Pico de Orizaba

I think this is a great idea too. How do I vote for this? 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @hesetmyfeetupon 

Thanks for bringing this up.  I do have a workaround I can suggest for you.  On your Gear page,  you can create two versions of your bike and/or shoes.  For example, you could have "Trek Mountain Bike" and "Trek Mountain Bike with child onboard".  Then, depending on whether you've ridden alone, or with your child, you would select the appropriate bike.  That would provide you with your cumulative distance per bike.  You could also adjust the weight of the bike with the child to reflect the heavier load.

It would be possible to do this with shoes also.

Let us know if you give this a try and how it works for you.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, not a bad idea... except for those of us with multiple kids, dogs, shoes, and bikes - I have 3 kids and a dog, so I'm going to end up with 14 entries for each bike/shoes factoring for all combo options. Across 3 bikes and 6 pairs of shoes, that's over a hundred gear choices to wade through!

If you added the ability to stand up Kids accounts, nested under parents, they could then spin off to become paying subscribers with a full history of their activities - you'd have customers (and revenue) for their lifetime  

Hi @nostrilsack 

Yes, I understand your point.  

I would encourage you to submit your idea to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)