cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App notifications of Kudos / new activities

cy-linder
Pico de Orizaba

First off all sorry that the folowing screenshots are in German. Hope this won't be big issue.

When I receive new kudos or one of my favorite contacts uploaded a new activity I receive a push notification:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-17 um 08.52.18.jpg

When I klick on this notification I am directed to the corresponding activity. I can check who elso gave me kudos or I can leave kudos and/or comments on my favorite friends activity. So far so good.

The question is: If I do like above why does the number batch on the bell and home symbol not disappear?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-17 um 08.53.18.jpg

Why is it still necessary to first open the notifications (bell symbol) and then switch back to the home screen again to make the number batch disappear?

Is there anything here that I'm missing or could this be revised?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/62919839
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi cy-linder

At this time, I do not have any insight on future product updates for this. We do appreciate your feedback and I will share it with our team for review. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cy-linder
Pico de Orizaba

Hy @Scout ,

thanks for your reply. Do you think this is something that can be fixed with one of the upcoming updates?

Cheers Uli

https://www.strava.com/athletes/62919839

Hi cy-linder

At this time, I do not have any insight on future product updates for this. We do appreciate your feedback and I will share it with our team for review. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey cy-linder,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the confusion! Push notifications are notifications that will be "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background. Push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website which is why it does not clear when you view the activity from the push notification. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)