cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Please can you provide options/links to Shortcuts to start, pause, resume and finish activities, with the options to pick which type.

This will be very useful to include Strava in longer shortcuts, or even deeper integration with the Apple Watch and complications, and also the Apple Watch Ultra Action Button (which can be used to launch a shortcut).

47 Comments
Roman126
Mt. Kenya

For such a popular app, I’m struggling to see why this has not been implemented yet, even the lone developed of WOD has enabled the action button for pausing a workout, surely Strava with the amount of £££££££ they collect every month can put some time aside to implement this? 

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Wot no news yet?

Surely this is an easy thing to implement? Either this. or better still, please give us some control for Strava with iOS Shortcuts, like starting, stopping and pausing workouts - at least then I can build my own Action button shortcut.

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Why is this still an ‘accepted solution’ when Apple opened this up to developers months ago?

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Please change the status of this post from “Solved” to “Gathering Kudos”

vlantheos
Mt. Kenya

How do I make this for tuning and not cycling. I am so frustrated I cannot figure this out.

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Can you explain what you mean by “for tuning”?

vlantheos
Mt. Kenya

Oops

typo *running not cycling 

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

What the shortcut does:

1. Step 1 - It just opens Strava - not in any mode. The order of activities presented in Strava on your watch are the order of your most used.
  2. Step 2 - you select the Focus mode you want to set when it runs. Edit your focus modes on the iPhone (call one "Running"), then when editing the shortcut select blue "Cycling" mode, if it's mine you've downloaded - You will be presented with a list of the focus modes you've created on the iPhone - pick the one you want.Choose modeChoose mode
vlantheos
Mt. Kenya

Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me. I did use the link that you posted and I try to do that by tapping on Matt to get a list of the different options but they didn’t come up… That’s why I reached out… I’ll now try your step-by-step instructions

larsakerson
Shkhara

This would be very helpful, @phirst. Some of these actions are already available via Siri, so I doubt it would be too big a lift to extend access to Shortcuts—and to add a few more, with options as you suggest.

Any progress here, @Soren?

Halton
Mt. Kenya

Please integrate strava with iOS shortcuts at least. Then the shortcut can be mapped to the action button on the watch. I’d like to be able to start any type of strava activity with a push of the action button. 

vlantheos
Mt. Kenya

Hello, how are you? I’m really sorry to bother you about this but I’m having a very difficult time getting this working… Is there anyway that you could give me step-by-step instructions how to make this happen for me? Thank you for everything. Hope you’re doing well…

vlantheos
Mt. Kenya

Never mind I figured it out. Thank you very much.

spinkick
Mt. Kenya

Checking in on this one, does strava use the action button yet?

sokarovski
Mt. Kenya

Please do implement new Strava actions. Also the "Start an activity" ios acction does not actually start and activity but rather it just opens Strava now. It would be very useful to use automations to directly start an activity, Luckily there is a deep link that you can use for this 

strava://record/new/start

but it would be better to use official acction rather than a deep l