cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of features I miss on the heatmap

stigja
Shkhara

I just switched from Suunto, and I miss the function that you can see everyones heatmaps. Meaning that you can always discover popular routes in an area.

It would also be nice if you can click on the individual track of your personal heatmap to see that specific activity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @stigja 

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to Strava!   I would encourage you to check out our suggested routes feature, if you haven't already.  

With a Strava subscription, you can automatically generate personalized routes from the location of your choosing. Route recommendations are based on public Strava activities and open-source data from OpenStreetMap.  

To access suggested routes, select Maps from the bottom navigation menu of the Strava mobile app and tap Routes. Strava will default to using your current location as a starting point. You can tap Current Location to search for a different location, or long-press on the map to drop a pin at a new location.

Let us know if you give this a try and how it works for you!  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stigja
Shkhara

Hi @Jane, thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggest, and Its not quite what I was looking for. 

Suggested routes as it works is a nice feature. However, if you are able to see a heatmap of a selected sport (why doesn't Stava include winter sports or roller ski, only Foot and cycle sports?)then you can easily point out popular tracks in an area.

Hi @stigja 

Thanks for bringing this up.

The activity filters for heatmaps aren't limited to the activity in the title, but include several similar sport types - grouped together. 

The sport types in each grouping:

Ride: Ride, Handcycle, Wheelchair, Skateboard, Velomobile, EBikeRide, MountainBike, E-MountainBike, GravelBike
Run: Run, Walk, Hike, RockClimbing, TrailRun
Water: Swim, Kitesurf, Windsurf, WaterSport, Sail, Kayaking, Rowing, StandUpPaddling, Surfing, Canoeing
Winter: AlpineSki, IceSkate, BackcountrySki, NordicSki, Snowboard, Snowshoe, WinterSport

I hope that's helpful information for you!

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @stigja 

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to Strava!   I would encourage you to check out our suggested routes feature, if you haven't already.  

With a Strava subscription, you can automatically generate personalized routes from the location of your choosing. Route recommendations are based on public Strava activities and open-source data from OpenStreetMap.  

To access suggested routes, select Maps from the bottom navigation menu of the Strava mobile app and tap Routes. Strava will default to using your current location as a starting point. You can tap Current Location to search for a different location, or long-press on the map to drop a pin at a new location.

Let us know if you give this a try and how it works for you!  

Jane (she/her)