cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating my own challenge

Jonrind
Mt. Kenya

I am about to celebrate 60 YO, and want to create a challenge for myself (1963km in 60 days) 
is it possible to create such a challenge on Strava where the app counts my km within the time frame? 

Thank you all 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jonrind 

First of all, Congratulations on a major milestone and Happy Birthday!  

Since you're a Subscriber, you can use Strava's Group Challenge feature to create this Challenge.  You would do this on the Strava Mobile App and your Challenge can contain just you, or you can also invite up to 24 others.  Here's how to do it:

• select Groups from the bottom navigation menu on the Strava mobile app
  • select the Active tab at the top
  • select Create a Group Challenge

You'll want to choose a "Group Goal" and then set your time and distance parameters.  If the Challenge is just for you, you'll be the only one in the Group and only your activities will count towards the Goal.  

You can find the full instructions for this feature here

I hope that's helpful!  We would love to hear back from you if you have any questions, and also please update us on the progress of your goal.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE ON Group Challenges: We are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jonrind 

First of all, Congratulations on a major milestone and Happy Birthday!  

Since you're a Subscriber, you can use Strava's Group Challenge feature to create this Challenge.  You would do this on the Strava Mobile App and your Challenge can contain just you, or you can also invite up to 24 others.  Here's how to do it:

• select Groups from the bottom navigation menu on the Strava mobile app
  • select the Active tab at the top
  • select Create a Group Challenge

You'll want to choose a "Group Goal" and then set your time and distance parameters.  If the Challenge is just for you, you'll be the only one in the Group and only your activities will count towards the Goal.  

You can find the full instructions for this feature here

I hope that's helpful!  We would love to hear back from you if you have any questions, and also please update us on the progress of your goal.  

Jane (she/her)

Jonrind
Mt. Kenya

Thank you. I do have a subscription. The goals provide an option for power goal only. Strange 

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

You can create personal goals if you buy a subscription, although I’m not sure how flexible that option is.