cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-bike segment/kom

Norisknofun11
Mt. Kenya

in my opinion it makes no sense to assign the ranking for those who use an e-bike, e-mtb or other electric bikes (I have an e-mtb). The performance is not 100% of the athlete ...

15 REPLIES 15

@Former Member - What is missing?  There already IS a separate category for e-bikes.  There has been for years.  If people are posting e-bike rides as regular rides, then those should be flagged by people who see it.  I flag them when I see them show up in leaderboards.  

@Theben36 - Strava has had a separate category for e-bikes for years.  Lots of people use it and have been using it for a long time.  They are a totally separate activity type with their own segments and leaderboards, totally separate from regular bikes.  Yes, some people still load their e-bike rides as regular rides, but they aren't supposed to and should be flagged if it is noticed.  

how do you enable it to show segment and kom? nothing appears for me when I choose ebike

maybe someone with preminum strava needs to make the segments for the ebike?

@Dan - Yes, someone would have to create the e-bike segment for it to show up.  Same as how people had to create all of the segments you see for regular bikes.  Once someone has created the segment, it will show up when you view the activity just like it does with regular bikes after you have labeled your activity as an e-bike ride.  

eric
Elbrus

I tend to agree regarding the value, but it's not hurting anything as long as riders are correctly classifying their ride as E-bike. If there were no E-bike awards, maybe riders would be more inclined to fudge it as a regular ride which would be worse. Again regarding the value of the award, I see your point... after all, where do you draw the line? Not all e-bikes are the same, and eventually the line between e-bike and e-motorcycle will be blurred. But it's more frustrating to see an E-bike ride classified as regular bike. 

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

you wrote some very interesting considerations which I agree with. the line may be draw when you are helped by something external (in this case an electric motor). But I'm thinking if you go sailing ... is there a ranking? I have to try