cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow/Unfollow

Forza
Pico de Orizaba

I'm just curious, but when someone starts following you, Strava sends a notifcation of that:  "xyz is following you; follow back"

When a person unfollows someone they were following, does that person know somehow?

(this is mostly privacy related)

Thanks

https://www.strava.com/athletes/1284201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Forza,

Great question! Notifications are not sent out when someone is unfollowed.
If you have any other questions regarding Managing Followers, check out our Support Link.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Forza,

Great question! Notifications are not sent out when someone is unfollowed.
If you have any other questions regarding Managing Followers, check out our Support Link.

KBryant24

I am also posting the same question to Strava Supprt. My Support Request #2536696.

My Question is Why Strava can add this feature in its update. Strava can consider our request as Feature addition request.

Some people followed as. and we followback on them. Activities were shared between us. After a Weak or Two, the X usere unfollowed us. We may not aware of the same. Their activity is appearing in my feed but my activity wont appear on theirs.

To overcome this, Why strava should notify the user, that X is unfollowing you.

Please consider this request in added feature and give us an update.

Thankyou,

Ganeshkumar GMy Previous requestMy Previous request

@gganeshmoli,
Thank you for posting your idea. Right now, we aren't exploring the possibility of implementing this feature, however, it has been shared with our product team.  Please understand that we  receive a very high volume of feature requests, and only those that align with our current focus can be considered. 

We appreciate you taking the time to post your suggestion!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Please don't. Being able to quietly unfollow and block people without causing aggravation is an important safety feature, especially for women. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings