cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaps in Heatmap

fulmar2
Shkhara

I'm curious to know if this is a known issue, or if there is a resolution to an issue I have observed.  In the heat map, I often see large "gaps" in sections that have been ridden.  It would be useful if the sections were contiguous.  In fact, for some longer tours (such as a cross country tour), the heat map line almost entirely disappears when I zoom out.  I have uploaded two examples of this occurring:

See the Orange lines do not connect?  As you zoom out, they even disappear entirely from the map.See the Orange lines do not connect? As you zoom out, they even disappear entirely from the map.This is what I mean by "gaps" in the heat map aka segmented heatmap.This is what I mean by "gaps" in the heat map aka segmented heatmap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again @fulmar2 

Sorry there was a problem with that page.  You can email us at support@strava.zendesk.com to create a support ticket.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Jane - Thanks for the reply.  In the first screen shot, yes, it is zoomed in as much as possible. In many instances, the gaps do not disappear (though on some tracks, they DO disappear).  I cannot discern any difference between tracks where the gaps disappear / don't disappear; I've considered age of track, point density (i.e. older tracks w/fewer timestamps, etc)...