cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group challenges are disappointing

dsm1891
Pico de Orizaba

For a few months I was running a friendly cooperative group challenge with colleagues. I set up a club for my workplace and invited people that wanted to join. The group challenges were a great way to get people involved, people were keen to know just how far as a team we could go in any given month. It was a great motivator for people to be healthy

Unfortunately, I had to stop a few months later, as non-premium members only get to join 3 group challenges, you have to be a premium member to join more. This is the most artificial barrier I have witness in freemium apps. Maybe I'm missing something but its not like cash prizes can be won in group challenges, its just a virtual leaderboard that can be aggregated in different ways. 

Its really disappointing, and I would like to see better support for creating Stava groups for workplaces. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hey @dsm1891 thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As we have grown and expanded Strava over the years, some features have become especially complex and expensive to maintain. In order to ensure they’re a part of Strava for decades from now, we make them part of our subscription. 

While our team reads and responds to support inquiries, we don't speak to the direction of the product or policy, nor reasoning for product or policy decisions. We do appreciate the feedback though, and I've passed your comments along to the rest of our team.

Stay tuned for future developments coming to clubs and click HERE for more information about the Group Challenge feature. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

Hey @dsm1891 thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As we have grown and expanded Strava over the years, some features have become especially complex and expensive to maintain. In order to ensure they’re a part of Strava for decades from now, we make them part of our subscription. 

While our team reads and responds to support inquiries, we don't speak to the direction of the product or policy, nor reasoning for product or policy decisions. We do appreciate the feedback though, and I've passed your comments along to the rest of our team.

Stay tuned for future developments coming to clubs and click HERE for more information about the Group Challenge feature.