cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat map activities

Runsonplants
Mt. Kenya

I was just viewing my heat-map and saw a 'heat line' in an area that I didn't recall ever running there. I tried clicking the 'heat line' to see if it would take me to the activity(ies) that I had run there - it didn't.

So, I'm thinking this could be a handy feature, anyone agree?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ian
Elbrus

Hi Runsonplants - the functionality you are looking for exists in veloviewer.com - this is a companion site to Strava that uses your Strava data for more in depth analysis (I assume it's OK to mention them in this forum as they are advertised on the Strava site).  I use veloviewer to look at bike activities - I assume the same functionality applies to other activity types.  I can use veloviewer to get a map of all my activities (essentially a personal heatmap) and, like you, I occasionally see straight lines across areas I haven't been, indicating GPS issues I hadn't previously spotted.  By clicking the relevant line I can see details of the appropriate activity.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

heat.png

As others have mentioned, this functionality already exists in Veloviewer, but even there it is of fairly limited value unless the ride you want to link to is in an area you have not ridden before. The more frequently you ride the same roads, the harder it is to select the correct overlapping line for the ride you want to look at. On my personal heatmap it is pretty much impossible to identify any individual ride within 10 miles of my house.  

arnaudghelfi
Mt. Kenya

i was thinking the same thing... wouldn’t it be great if you could roll over your heatmap on strava and get a clickable pop-up of the recorded activity for quick access to it?  Strava.Heatmap.jpg

stigja
Shkhara

Definitely miss the possibility of being able to click/see the individual activities from the heatmap! Seems unneccessary to rely on a 3rd party service for this function

wookasz
Shkhara

This is a great idea. Clearly, Strava already has this information since when you zoom out it shows you the number of activities in the area. I would love to be able to click on the map to view the activity.

Ian
Elbrus

Hi Runsonplants - the functionality you are looking for exists in veloviewer.com - this is a companion site to Strava that uses your Strava data for more in depth analysis (I assume it's OK to mention them in this forum as they are advertised on the Strava site).  I use veloviewer to look at bike activities - I assume the same functionality applies to other activity types.  I can use veloviewer to get a map of all my activities (essentially a personal heatmap) and, like you, I occasionally see straight lines across areas I haven't been, indicating GPS issues I hadn't previously spotted.  By clicking the relevant line I can see details of the appropriate activity.

Seems pretty neat, but it requires payment to show data on more than the 25 past activities. I'm already paying Strava, don't want to pay another service.

Thanks Ian, I'll check that out 👍