cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Map Visibility Issues - Past Activities

GreenChemist
Mt. Kenya

I recently adjusted my map visibility preferences to hide the start and end points within 200 m of my home address (which would include all past activities).  At least that is what the app said it was going to do.  Instead, it hid the entire map for ANY activity which started or ended at my home address (even for rides that were 30 km long).  This meant that 98% of my rides were hidden - which meant I lost my place on every single leaderboard and every Local Legend that I had.  Am I the only user that experienced this?  Is there any way to undo this in bulk?  (I went and manually unhid all my activities from the past three months, which was quite consuming.)

Any activities which I have recorded since making the adjustment seem to be hiding only the start and end points.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DoubtLoaf
Strava
Strava

Hello @GreenChemist,

As Jane noted, we invite you to write in to our support team so that we can look into the specifics on your Strava account and help get this situation corrected.

I believe what has happened here is that you had enabled the 'Hide your activity maps from others completely' setting in your account's Map Visibility settings. After that setting was enabled, it sounds like you then went and made changes to the hidden addresses on your account. Because Strava applies the map visibility setting which provides the highest degree of privacy, the option to hide the maps completely took precedence and caused your activity maps to be completely hidden.

We should be able to help you undo this change, so be sure to reach out to our team by submitting a support request.

---
Charles | Support Coordinator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DoubtLoaf
Strava
Strava

Hello @GreenChemist,

As Jane noted, we invite you to write in to our support team so that we can look into the specifics on your Strava account and help get this situation corrected.

I believe what has happened here is that you had enabled the 'Hide your activity maps from others completely' setting in your account's Map Visibility settings. After that setting was enabled, it sounds like you then went and made changes to the hidden addresses on your account. Because Strava applies the map visibility setting which provides the highest degree of privacy, the option to hide the maps completely took precedence and caused your activity maps to be completely hidden.

We should be able to help you undo this change, so be sure to reach out to our team by submitting a support request.

---
Charles | Support Coordinator

Thanks - I will submit a support ticket as you suggest

Did Strava support resolve your issue as I have the same problem and they have not yet provided a solution?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi GreenChemist,

Thanks for posting.  Sorry to hear about this.  We would need to dig into your account to see what's going on.  Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team