cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "New Post" Notification

Matthieu-W
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone, recently I started receiving notifications for any post that might appear on any of the clubs I'm member of. This is super annoying as I now get many redundant notifications daily. I don't remember having this in the past, it feels like it started a few weeks ago.

Is there any way to disable these kind of notifications?

MatthieuW_0-1683879169696.png

38 REPLIES 38

Hi Sunny, I saw the update today that fixed this issue. 👍 Good work. Much better now. Thanks! 

This is very unfortunate. My solution for now will be to leave all clubs that show a pull notification, as they roll in.

Until Strava sets up the option to toggle these on or off, they should default to off. It's incredibly frustrating to see so many meaningless to me notifications!

anchskier
Denali

@Jane , @Soren , @LouB   I'm guessing this is Strava's alternative to flooding everyone's feed with the posts directly.  They really want to increase the visibility of the club posts.  A couple weeks ago, they (without telling anyone) made it so all the new posts were automatically stuffed into people's activity feeds with no way to turn it off.  After getting hammered with complaints, they disabled that with the statement that they will continue to look for ways to make them more visible.  This must be their solution.  Again, a FAIL since there is no way for us to "opt out" by disabling the notifications.  Maybe if they get enough complaints, they will add that option?  I won't hold my breath.  

MoMo2115
Mt. Kenya

I completely agree with you. it is very annoying and it seems that there is no way to disable this beside leaving the club...

I did leave a club spamming tons of events. 
Additionally, Strava better introduce regional events. I don’t care if a club as an event in Florida if I’m living in Germany 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

OzHaydn
Mt. Kenya

This is so annoying.  I get some people might want this, but some won't.  Please add an option to turn this off!

CyclingBas
Mt. Kenya

Same here, I would like to turn them off as well...

Kiwipip
Mt. Kenya

This has started happening to me to recently, super annoying. Notification settings don't seem to have an option to turn this off