cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see all time stats for other sports, such as walk

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

I started using Strava in the summer of 2010 when the Whister Granfondo came to town and I had to buy a bike and start training. No Garmin, HRM, or power meter to start. Much more raw (and sometimes more enjoyable 🤣)
One feature that Strava took away that I miss every day, is the ability to track distance and elevation when doing an activity on foot that is NOT a run. My wife and I power walk and hike about 3,000-4,000km a year and climb about 100,000m in the process. Unless it's recorded as a "Run" I can't track my yearly accomplishments and reach my target. 
Every bike ride counts, even when people coast to the park with their toddler. Unfortunately Strava has made some value judgement that says only runs can be counted and tallied up. Such a shame. If they (re)allowed the tracking of all foot activities, I think the Strava community would grow significantly. 
Strava wants to be so "inclusive" all the time, except for those who aren't runners

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Soren
Denali

Hey there, thanks for your comment and for training with us since 2010 (impressive)! I'm not entirely sure which feature you're referring to that was taken away. A few weeks ago we introduced statistics for all Sport Types on web, enabling you to view your weekly/monthly/yearly distances, elevation (if relevant) and time for each Sport Type that you upload to Strava -- including walks and hikes. Note that they appear in separate buckets and are not all lumped into one. The good news is that you no longer have to mark your walks as "run" if you want the stats to be factored into the "My Stats" section on your Profile.

I definitely don't walk even a fraction of the distance you cover 😅, but here's a screenshot:
My Stats has been revamped to include all Sport Types and can be filtered by year by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the current yearMy Stats has been revamped to include all Sport Types and can be filtered by year by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the current year

View solution in original post

You're not doing anything wrong, the stats by Sport Type that I mentioned are currently only displayed on the website, in the app if you to your Profile > Statistics, we're currently only showing stats for ride/run/swim, but we are working on improving this. If you have a subscription, you can set a yearly (or weekly/monthly) goal for any sport and track your progress and year-to-date stats that way, too. Learn more about that feature here.

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

Hopefully for 2023 it will have parity between desktop and mobile app. I'll start recording my walks as walks next year. Thanks for the quick response

6 REPLIES 6

Alexwarnold
Mt. Kenya

Any news on being able to select which 3 sports you see statistics for in the mobile app? I don’t run or swim so I’d like to swap to add wing foiling (not yet a strava activity type) and skateboarding 

Soren
Denali

Hey there, thanks for your comment and for training with us since 2010 (impressive)! I'm not entirely sure which feature you're referring to that was taken away. A few weeks ago we introduced statistics for all Sport Types on web, enabling you to view your weekly/monthly/yearly distances, elevation (if relevant) and time for each Sport Type that you upload to Strava -- including walks and hikes. Note that they appear in separate buckets and are not all lumped into one. The good news is that you no longer have to mark your walks as "run" if you want the stats to be factored into the "My Stats" section on your Profile.

I definitely don't walk even a fraction of the distance you cover 😅, but here's a screenshot:
My Stats has been revamped to include all Sport Types and can be filtered by year by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the current yearMy Stats has been revamped to include all Sport Types and can be filtered by year by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the current year

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

One thing I noticed is that within the app, if you look at your Statistics within the Profile section, it only shows cumulative results for Bike, RUN, Swim. So If I do select Walk it won’t show in my Statistics? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks 

You're not doing anything wrong, the stats by Sport Type that I mentioned are currently only displayed on the website, in the app if you to your Profile > Statistics, we're currently only showing stats for ride/run/swim, but we are working on improving this. If you have a subscription, you can set a yearly (or weekly/monthly) goal for any sport and track your progress and year-to-date stats that way, too. Learn more about that feature here.

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

Hopefully for 2023 it will have parity between desktop and mobile app. I'll start recording my walks as walks next year. Thanks for the quick response

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

I think that's exactly what I've been looking for. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings