cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal segments

Andy1
Mt. Kenya

Is there a way of flagging an illegal segment, e.g.Clearly states cycling forbidden,without actually riding the segment yourself illegally? I know a few illegal and dangerous to Walker segments that should be flagged but I seem to only be able to flag ones I've ridden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy1 and @Ian, the hazardous flagging tool is designed so that people who complete the segment can attest to their experience. If you’re unable to safely complete the segment, you can submit a ticket to our support team for review. Please include relevant details in your ticket submission such as the segment link, an explanation of why you believe the segment is hazardous, and any additional supporting resources.

Mason
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy1 and @Ian, the hazardous flagging tool is designed so that people who complete the segment can attest to their experience. If you’re unable to safely complete the segment, you can submit a ticket to our support team for review. Please include relevant details in your ticket submission such as the segment link, an explanation of why you believe the segment is hazardous, and any additional supporting resources.

Mason
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ian
Elbrus

I see the same thing - if it's a bike Segment I have ridden then under the Actions button I have 2 options in "Tell us about this Segment" - either I can report an inappropriate name or I can report the Segment as hazardous.  However, if I have not ridden it I can only flag an inappropriate name.  This is a bit frustrating as, like you, I occasionally see Segments that are hazardous (e.g. Segment goes through a busy intersection) but I can only report it if I have attempted the Segment.