cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartoone
Pico de Orizaba

I have done this on my own already via mybiketraffic.com, but I think this would be a feature that Strava users would love to see directly on Strava. I am happy to share code and help work with your developers to bring this feature to life. Here's an example ride map showing where cars passed and how fast a particular car was going during the 10 seconds it took to pass me (from when it first appeared on the radar) - 

Speeds of a car during its 10 second pass. Speed readings are measured every second.Speeds of a car during its 10 second pass. Speed readings are measured every second.

Feel free to reach out to me via DM or through this discussion. Thanks! 

10 Comments
Soren
Denali

Hey @kartoone it's nice to hear from you. It’s not entirely clear from your post where you’re suggesting the traffic data to appear within Strava -- within your own activity data?

Soren
Denali

Hello @kartoone we haven’t heard back from you and will be archiving this idea unless you update us within a week. Thanks!

kartoone
Pico de Orizaba

So sorry, I missed your reply! Yes, I was imagining a new kind of heatmap overlay based on traffic recorded during an activity. But also summary data of how many cars and where they passed you would be great to have on the activity map as well. Long term, once there is enough user data, it would be nice to supplement the basemap with a map that somehow annotates a road based on how many cars are typically on that road at a given time of day. See these links for examples:

https://www.mybiketraffic.com/rides/view/44225
https://www.mybiketraffic.com/segments/view/1

I'm happy to work with the engineering team to help integrate.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for providing the additional insight! We've approved this idea and it can be voted on now.

vicmail12
Mt. Kenya

Assuming one votes in-line within this thread, as I don't see voting links, so, I vote for Strava to integrate Varia radar devices.  I've a new Varia 515 and will use Ride with GPS until Strava supports the Varia.

vicmail12
Mt. Kenya

OK, I added a Kudo.

ScottBaker
Mt. Kenya

Would love to see Radar support in the Strava app! 

Antknee29
Mt. Kenya

Supporting Varia is a must. Check Ride with GPS for example. Between this lack of support for Apple Watch heart rate integration with the iPhone app, Ride with GPS is looking more and more attractive and tempting me away from Strava.

Pgh-JP
Mt. Kenya

I was about to sign up for Strava but lack of varia support and Apple Watch heart rate integration are show stoppers for me.  I will go with Ride with GPS.  Would love to see these features in the future but for now I’ll be on RWGPS.

Dpippin
Mt. Kenya

Also looking link varia in with Strava some sort of visual alert when car is passing. Otherwise I need to stay on Varia app to get notified of cars which makes Strava not as useful while riding.