cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamBowman
Shkhara

There needs to be an update of various levels for climbing (as has previously been done with distance challenges) in the cycling monthly challenges as 7,500m can be done without any real effort depending on your location. 

126 Comments
PriestlyRebel
Mt. Kenya

I completely agree and want the 4000 back! 

This was a challenge I was focused on each month. 200 is too small; 600 more than I can do. 400 is the "baby bear" level - just right to stretch me but accomplishable with some effort.

PCicuto
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

I wonder why there is no marathon challenge available for the month of mars ? It was there for all the others month but not for month (when i will finaly run a marathon ^^') !

Is it a bug or am I missing something ?

Thanks you all 🙂

DavidVanGoethem
Mt. Kenya

Would it be possible to add longer walking challenges. For the moment there is only a 50km walking challenge.

It would be nice to also have a 100km and 200km walking challenge (the same as the running challenges).

Thanks for considering this.

Kind Regards.

chembleton
Mt. Kenya

Strava, literally why would you take it away?! It's not like it's costing you anything on your platform! It makes no sense removing it. In fact, add more. 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000k trophies should all be available to 'earn'.

It has motivated many people including me. 200k is too easy. 600k is doable for some but not for as many either from a fitness or time point of view. Please consider bringing this back. 

Urmo345
Mt. Kenya

Same. 400k was fun and exactly the amount was able to do within month with my MTB. Now, 600k is bit too much.

Soren
Denali

Hi @AdamBowman We appreciate your participation in the ideas board. Do you mind elaborating what you believe the different climbing cycling challenge tiers should be? We kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible. Thanks.

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

But then in other locations, 7500m might be extremely difficult to get. What really needs to happen, in my opinion, is personalized monthly challenges like Apple Watch (and likely many other fitness platforms) already offers.

If you’re in the habit of climbing 10000m every month, a 7500m-climb challenge is no challenge at all, but 11000m would be. For someone who climbs 100m a month, 7500m looks insurmountable and not even worth considering.

Steph
Mt. Kenya

More walking challenges:

• 5 km walk
  • 10 km walk
  • 15 km walk
  • etc
  • walk 100 km in a month
  • walk 1000 km in a year
  • walk 3 times a week for x weeks
AdamBowman
Shkhara

Like you have 3 tiers for distance (200,600,1250km), something like 5,000m, 10000m and 20,000m would be my suggestion. Or you could reward them by setting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum names for them all, in a similar fashion to Sony PlayStation challenges. Bronze = 2,000m, Silver = 5,000m, Gold = 10,000m, Platinum = 20,000m.

AdamBowman
Shkhara

A bronze, silver, gold and platinum level would also help shake up the other monthly challenges. Gran Fondo for example. 4 levels. 50km, 100km, 150km, 200km. 

Monthly distance: 200, 600, 1200, 2000km. 

Your yearly round up would then tell you how many Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum challenges you achieved that year. 

Jaz_R
Mt. Kenya

It not very inclusive to have so few dedicated challenge badges for walking and hiking compared to running. For those of us who cannot run it would be really motivating and rewarding to have a monthly 100km walking/hiking challenge (and even 150km).

There should also be badges for individual walks of 5km, 10km and half-marathon. I am aware that walkers/hikers will currently record the activity as a run and then later change it to a walk after the badge is awarded as this is the only way to receive it. This makes no sense. 

Criton99
Mt. Kenya

What is happening to challenges are they being dumbed down first it was the 800 cycle ride reduced to 600!! Now the November walking challenge has gone from 50k to 30k!! And the workout challenge from 3 a week to 2!! I use challenges for motivation to get out. Please don't make them to easy 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Criton99
Thanks for your post about Challenges. We appreciate you letting us know that you were enjoying the longer challenges and we will share your feedback with our team.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

marris
Mt. Kenya

I agree, walking is such an accessible sport for everyone. And it can be very motivating to use challenges to get more everyday-exercise.

There should definitely be more challenging walking challenges. 50km in a month isn't really a challenge, less than 2km per day. 

Should be something like this:

• 100km in a month
  • 250km in a month
  • 500km in a month

rainwashed13
Mt. Kenya

Why was the November 2023 walking challenge changed from 50km to 30 km?