cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Apple Watch heart rate data with Wahoo bike data

Mdshamilton
Mt. Kenya

I use a Wahoo Roam bike satnav to accurately track my route, gears, cadence, speed etc which I then upload to Strava. I also wear an Apple Watch to track my heart rate. Is there some way to merge specific data points in Strava? What I’d like to do is to enhance my Wahoo route upload with my Apple heart rate data - but avoid double counting the speed and other data that the Apple Watch tracks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Mdshamilton,

Thanks for your post.  We don't provide a way on Strava to merge two data streams recorded and uploaded from two devices.  What I would suggest is to check in with Wahoo Support to see if the Apple Watch can be paired to your Element Roam directly as a heart rate sensor.   That way the heart rate data would be recorded by your Element Roam and uploaded to Strava as one stream of data.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

fulmar2
Shkhara

Yes, there is a way to do this.  It's GOTOES utilities:

Get your FIT files (or GPX, TCX, or CSV) and upload them here to the merge tool:

https://gotoes.org/strava/Combine_GPX_TCX_FIT_Files.php

Once the files are uploaded, you will see a second page.  Check all the boxes you want from each file (heart rate, cadence)... and leave out anything you don't.  Since the files are overlapping, you will want to click the blue "Smart Trim" button.  After that, you might want to change other stuff... or you can just scroll to the bottom and click the big blue button to merge the files.  There is also a checkbox "Send to Strava"... you can link GOTOES to your Strava account, and then the merged file will be sent directly to Strava for you.  I know this is a "late reply" to an old post, but people keep telling me they didn't know that this could be done.

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 1.34.30 PM.png

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Mdshamilton,

Sorry to hear that.  As mentioned we don't currently provide a way to merge those data streams on Strava.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Mdshamilton,

Thanks for your post.  We don't provide a way on Strava to merge two data streams recorded and uploaded from two devices.  What I would suggest is to check in with Wahoo Support to see if the Apple Watch can be paired to your Element Roam directly as a heart rate sensor.   That way the heart rate data would be recorded by your Element Roam and uploaded to Strava as one stream of data.

Jane (she/her)

Wahoo doesn’t provide a solution to merging data from an Apple Watch with their bike computer data

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings