cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing person / Search and Rescue

gthimus
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I'm a long time user of Strava. But lately a missing hiker have been missing in my nearby area.
And few questions remain about what could have been done, with the use of the community.

Discussions and community process over rescue are not easy, and quite often spread over many facebook group/forum and apps. And when I believe it is important to leave the professional do the job.

Sometimes after few days, lack of budget for the rescue, and or other reasons.
The search stop. What remain most of the time is to find the body of the missing person, to help the family.

My question for Strava:
Is there any way that the search of a area can be done with multiple user, using a heat map to know the covered ground of specific hickers or the community, get access to photo and or any data who could help save lifes? 
Latest informations seems to have people sharing tracks on Gaia, but nothing easy or simple like tools on Strava.
Any way to help ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello gthimus,

Strava is deeply concerned about the safety, well-being, and privacy considerations of our Athletes. We welcome feedback from our Athletes on how we can use the platform for other purposes that would help the community. Strava handles matters like this on a case by case basis. Since privacy is always a consideration for our Athletes, Strava does not publicly comment on these matters. Thank you for your post and feedback.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello gthimus,

Strava is deeply concerned about the safety, well-being, and privacy considerations of our Athletes. We welcome feedback from our Athletes on how we can use the platform for other purposes that would help the community. Strava handles matters like this on a case by case basis. Since privacy is always a consideration for our Athletes, Strava does not publicly comment on these matters. Thank you for your post and feedback.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings