cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying a route at a certain point results in changes at other point of the route

bhaemers
Mt. Kenya

When trying to modify a route (enlarge it, drag the route to a larger or smaller area,..), the route also changes at points where I did not apply a modification. Are you able to 'freeze' a certain part of a route and only change where you want to change? Thx, Bruno

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi bhaemers,

Thanks for your reply.  Have you provided map feedback in the areas you're having trouble routing?  That won't be an instant fix, but map feedback submitted by our Athletes helps us improve route creation over time.  

Details on how to do that are here:  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jane, I am not sure you understand my problem well. There is nothing wrong with the map itself. There is nothing wrong with the route itself. But when I am modifying that route on a certain point (by dragging the route-line), changes on that route happen on a place where I did not modify the route. So it's some kind of auto-modification thing that is happening.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi bhaemers,

Thank you for your post.  

If you are unable to route on a road or trail automatically, you have a couple of different ways to help resolve the issue:

1. Try using manual mode
Enable Manual mode to add a waypoint anywhere on the map. There are a few things to be aware of when using this mode:

• Manual mode will no longer ensure your route's path follows roads or trails.
  • Popularity and elevation selectors will be disabled.
  • Distance and elevation can only be roughly estimated for manual edits.

2. Help Improve Strava's Maps
Strava utilizes OpenStreetMap, an open-source project of geographical data for the entire world, alongside our own heat/popularity and other unique data, to help inform routing decisions. If you are experiencing a routing error, you can help the Strava community by contributing the edit to OpenStreetMap.
Please visit this page for instructions or more information. Please note that changes will not be reflected immediately as map updates are completed periodically.

I hope this information is helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane, thanks for the feedback, but I received this answer already from one of your colleague. Unfortunately, switching to manual mode is even worse. It starts automatically changing the existing route at different points. SO that is for sure not an option.