cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos no longer display on map—possible to adjust settings?

chialynn
Mt. Kenya

I've noticed that the photos I upload to Strava no longer display on the maps of my activities. I believe this may be related to the privacy controls described in this help article (https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025920332-Strava-s-Privacy-Controls-FAQ).

However, the article doesn't describe how "near" to a hidden portion of the activity photos must be to be hidden, and the behavior doesn't seem consistent. For example, I have activities from earlier this year with photos taken within a few blocks of a hidden portion that are displayed, and more recent activities with photos taken several miles from the hidden portion that aren't displayed.

The images on the map are one of my favorite features—it gives me a very quick, easy way to "relive" certain portions of a run. While I understand and appreciate the privacy issues, would it at least be possible to adjust the settings on my end, so that I could control what images I see on the map?

Thanks for considering this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi chialynn,

Thanks for your post regarding photos.  You're correct that geotagged photos will only be displayed on an activity map if they are not located on, or nearby a hidden portion of the activity.  You mentioned some of your photos did not display on the map even though they were several miles away from your map's hidden area.  That is definitely far enough away from the hidden map area that your photos should display.  

It sounds like you are likely being impacted by an open issue on Strava, where some geotagged activities are not displaying on maps when uploaded via the web or IOS App.  Our Engineering Team is investigating this, and we hope to have a fix rolled out soon.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Me too

Hi Jane,

Is there any progress on this issue?

Also, please do not mark your posts as a solution when you do not provided one.  All you have provided is information, you have not provided a solution.

Julian