cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Achievement Tokens

spgreenwood
Mt. Kenya

Hello Strava fam; excited to explore this community hub more.

I have an idea that I would love to see become a feature. We need more personalized physical tokens in our lives! If I earn a KOM, or become a Local Legend, or do a Century/Marathon…I would love the option to pay $2.99 for a small personalized sticker…or pay $19.99 for a T-Shirt to be shipped directly to me. **bleep**, if it’s a really big deal, do a trophy!

Make it a 1-Click process right after I upload/complete the ride; have all of my credit card info and shipping info pre-filled. It should be a impulse purchase and then a delightful surprise when it shows up.

What do you think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi @spgreenwood,

Thanks for contributing to our new Community. Your idea to implement personalized Strava swag/merch of your achievements sounds like it'd best be suited in our
Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for sharing this creative idea!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

eric
Elbrus

I remember back in the earlier days when we could order a strava jersey if we completed that month's fondo or climbing challenge. For example: https://www.strava.com/challenges/gran-fondo-06

In retrospect I wish I'd ordered one before the feature disappeared. I'm guessing it must have either not been popular, or not been profitable. Yet... if you google "strava jersey" you will find literally dozens of knock-offs being sold by various retailers (I'm guessing those are all unauthorized as I doubt strava allows their trademark to be used like that, but maybe I'm wrong). The quantity and variety would indicate to me that there is a demand for it.

From a marketing standpoint, getting your users wearing your swag is ideal. So I'm wondering if maybe the cost of the small-batch jerseys made the price too prohibitive, and maybe that was the problem? If so, maybe some less-expensive items would be worth trying, as the OP mentioned. I'm personally not into stickers, but I know a lot of people are. My kids collect them for their water bottles. Then think about all the 26.2 stickers you've seen on cars. If strava could come up with something as culturally relevant as the 26.2 sticker, it could be a huge win/win from a marketing standpoint.

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

LouB
Strava Alumni

@spgreenwood Just looping back to see if you want to still create this as an Idea before we mark this question as solved?

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Soren
Denali

Hi @spgreenwood,

Thanks for contributing to our new Community. Your idea to implement personalized Strava swag/merch of your achievements sounds like it'd best be suited in our
Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for sharing this creative idea!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings