cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power curve issue with 'Last 6 Weeks'

AltadenaCheetah
Mt. Kenya

I looked at my power curve comparing 'All of 2022' to 'Last 6 weeks' and discovered that a ride that I did 10 days ago shows up in 'All of 2022' curve, but not in the 'Last 6 Weeks' curve. Is this a bug or is there some logical explanation for it?

power_curve.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response here.  I've been checking into this and the issue resolution is still a work in progress.  There is a workaround however, it's likely we can fix this issue on your accounts using an Admin Tool.

If it's still happening please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to help.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

michalam
Mt. Kenya

It's 2024 now and this still happens. Also, becuse I did it on Zwift I can't use the workaround methos (can't change the type of virtual activity).

Jacob_Skinner
Shkhara

This is still broken and when the ride is from Zwift, the 'fix' described below is impossible, as one cant change the ride type from a 'Virtual Ride'. All in all this is very poor form. Strava is getting less and less valuable and I fail to see why this bug cant be fixed by any dev with half a brain and half a day to sort it. I am a tech person and it seems that the only reason Strava has not fixed it is literally having other things to do with the few hours needed from a Dev. I just cant see how this is good PR, or why they would be rolling our useless features left right and centre, when the ones they have don't even work.
Im going to see what offline Python tools can be used for this and consider downgrading. I'm not cool paying for a platform that doesn't do the basic things properly. How can we trust anything works if this is the approach.

Very poor @strava

Tom79
Mt. Kenya

I have recently done a ride, when I look at the power curve for the ride this is higher than the overall power curve for the year or for the last 6 weeks. However, the overall power curve has not updated. 

Amritt
Pico de Orizaba

Hey Tom,
Strava hasnt fixed this but the workaround has been to change the ride/exercise type, save it and then change it back and most times that magically unblocks the bug and the power shows correctly.

LennyLenswa
Mt. Kenya

I can confirm this is still an issue. Power curve regularly doesn't update and I need to manually check everytime and manually change the activity to 'workout' and back to 'ride' again to update it. I also really like the function, but I will definitely stop paying for the account if this doesn't get fixed, this is not worth paying a monthly fee for.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

It seems this bug is still not resolved, I'm missing at least one activity from June in the power curve and maybe others too. Not much of a subscriber feature if you can't trust the power curve. The manual workaround with changing the activity type is only appliable if you happen to know exactly what is missing and that is usually difficult to ascertain.

peter-paul
Mt. Kenya

Would like to report I also discovered this was the case for a bike ride for me from on the 30th of April. Who knows for how many other rides this is the case. Is there already a solution to recalculate all activities, so that they are correctly synced properly and show up in my power curve? 

Amritt
Pico de Orizaba

It remains unfixed - I did an 8 hour ride yesterday - the power curve shows in the activity and can be compared but in stand alone pwer curve it is very erratic with what gets added/updated. I have had several emails about this but the fact is Strava are unable or unwilling to put the time in to get it fixed. 

Hi @Amritt 

Thanks for posting about this and for your patience.  Our Team is working on this but it is not yet resolved.  There is a workaround you can try that should fix the issue.  For the activity that isn't appearing on your power curve, edit it and change the sport/activity type to something else (for example workout).  Save those changes, and then edit the activity again and change the sport/activity type back to ride.  Wait a few minutes and check your power curve again.

If it's still not showing up, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to help.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team