cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public virtual segments.

JohnBeevers
Shkhara

There are many hundreds of great virtual rides, often shared across platforms, without any public segments. New segments can only be made private. Rides without segments remove the important element of competition.  Your guidance states that a search will usually reveal an existing segment, but tortuous searches have usually shown this isn't the case. 

Therefore, could virtual riders be allowed to create one public segment for the complete route length please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi JohnBeevers,

Thanks for your post about virtual segments.  Athletes can create private virtual segments. If a virtual partner (for example Zwift or Rouvy) recognizes a segment as important or significant and lets us know, then we will make it public.  I'm not sure which partner you are using for your rides, but we recommend providing feedback to them directly since they are the decision makers for this.

Thank you again for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi JohnBeevers,

Thanks for your post about virtual segments.  Athletes can create private virtual segments. If a virtual partner (for example Zwift or Rouvy) recognizes a segment as important or significant and lets us know, then we will make it public.  I'm not sure which partner you are using for your rides, but we recommend providing feedback to them directly since they are the decision makers for this.

Thank you again for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

IRL there are often too many segments where many of them are overlapping each other. Therefore I cannot understand you are limiting public segment creation as long as it is overlapping with real roads. I really see any segments in routs I am riding and most likely there will never be anyone looking manually at the private segments I have made to make then public.  Maybe Strava has a good cooperation with Swift, but what about all the virtual rides made elsewhere?

Thank you Jane, I will contact Rouvy.

Best wishes 

John