cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Workout" Activity Type

OldGuy63
Mt. Kenya

In Strava terms, what constitutes a "Workout?" This is listed as one of the acceptable activity types for this month's "Indoor Workout Challenge," and just wondering what counts. Evidently an indoor ride does not 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @OldGuy63 

Yes, indoor activities, such as cycling, can count towards that Challenge if they are set to activity type "workout".  Good luck with the Challenge!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @OldGuy63 

Thanks for posting about this.  "Workout" is an activity/sport type on Strava.  You can use it for any activity.  Mostly it's used for activities that may not fall neatly into any other category.

activity_types.png

Let me know if that's helpful and thanks again for posting in the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, thanks so much for the reply. So if I understand correctly, then I could legitimately save an indoor riding/trainer activity as a “workout” without misrepresenting or cheating the system/intent of the challenge?

Hello again!

Can you let me know which Challenge this is for?  

Jane (she/her)

My apologies, I thought I had done they. This is for Strava’s “March Indoor Workout Challenge.”

Hello @OldGuy63 

Yes, indoor activities, such as cycling, can count towards that Challenge if they are set to activity type "workout".  Good luck with the Challenge!

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings