cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment creation limits

MalcolmS
Shkhara

There's a limit to the number of new segments I can create in any 24-hour period.  I know this because I like to create identical segments from routes when I'm out on my e-bike to compare how I did against my road bike over the same segment. If a route has a lot of segments I have to create the new e-bike ones over several days (which is fine). I usually get a message that says something like "You've created too many segments. Try again in xx hours".  The time varies. Sometimes it less than 24 hours. Sometimes it's more. I've never figured out why.

However, today when I went to create some segments the message I got was "You have created too many segments - try again later".

I haven't created any in a good few weeks.  I've tried several times through today and I get the same message. Why am I getting this message now and what's behind this restriction anyway?

Malcolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi MalcolmS,

Thanks for posting about this.  Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to work with you to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi MalcolmS,

Thanks for posting about this.  Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to work with you to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ok will do. Thanks Jane