cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap GPS tagged media to the corresponding place in the activity via the app

VikK
Kilimanjaro

When you upload GPS tagged media from the website it appears where it was taken as long as you use the website. Doing the same from the app doesn't work, would be nice if it did!

Vik
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

We will place a thumbnail of the photo in the location at which it was taken if that information is available in the photo's metadata. You have to allow your photos to have access to your phone's location services for this to happen. This feature is currently web-only, as you pointed out.

If you don't want your photos to appear on the map, you'll need to disable geotagging on your device.

If you want to request this as a mobile app feature, go ahead and share it in our Feature Suggestions board so that others can vote on it, too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chaos888
Shkhara

I'm so surprised to see this. I've been having the opposite problem and requesting (for a REALLY LONG TIME) that photos uploaded from the desktop/website that are geotagged/have gps info show up on the map like it does from the app, i.e. it works if I upload my photos from the app on my phone but not from the website on my desktop. And these are all RAW photos I've taken on my camera that were later geotagged in Lightroom and then uploaded. I'm really curious what's different. I primarily use the website and would love to not have to do this extra step through the app.

Soren
Denali

We will place a thumbnail of the photo in the location at which it was taken if that information is available in the photo's metadata. You have to allow your photos to have access to your phone's location services for this to happen. This feature is currently web-only, as you pointed out.

If you don't want your photos to appear on the map, you'll need to disable geotagging on your device.

If you want to request this as a mobile app feature, go ahead and share it in our Feature Suggestions board so that others can vote on it, too.