cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soccer/football as an activity type

dougherty32
Mt. Kenya

I was wondering when soccer/football was added as an activity type?  I've been asking for this since 2016!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi dougherty32,

Some additional sport types, including Football (soccer), were added September 8th, 2022.  More details can be found here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Hi Therlam,

This will be updated on Apple Watches within the next few weeks.  In the meantime, you can still record with your Apple Watch and then edit the activity type to soccer/football after upload.

Jane (she/her)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Therlam
Mt. Kenya

Soccer/football is not showing up as an activity selection on our apple watches. Many other newly added activities are there, not soccer.

Hi Therlam,

This will be updated on Apple Watches within the next few weeks.  In the meantime, you can still record with your Apple Watch and then edit the activity type to soccer/football after upload.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi dougherty32,

Some additional sport types, including Football (soccer), were added September 8th, 2022.  More details can be found here

Jane (she/her)

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hi @dougherty32 Thanks for sharing this suggestion about additional sport types. This idea was already requested in the Ideas board here. This helps us keep the forums organized and makes sure suggestions are easy to find and votes for them aren’t divided across duplicate ideas. Don’t forget to show your support by clicking on the kudos button.

KBryant24

When I play indoor soccer, the soccer/football options doesn’t seem to read my activity. Is this something that can be fixed or added?