cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some segments times not showing on Strava

JoMiSan
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,

I am surprised to see some of my segments with a time, but not showing on leaderboard.

This is not due to map privacy,

Any help?.

Thanks.

Jose

Screenshot 2023-05-05 092044.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @JoMiSan 

Thanks for the reply.  Have you checked the activity privacy settings to make sure it is set to "everyone"?  If an activity is set to "Followers" or "Only Me", segment times will not appear on public leaderboards.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JoMiSan
Mt. Kenya

Thanks, but there is no start or end close to those segments.

Hello @JoMiSan 

Thanks for the reply.  Have you checked the activity privacy settings to make sure it is set to "everyone"?  If an activity is set to "Followers" or "Only Me", segment times will not appear on public leaderboards.

Jane (she/her)

But what about the "Following" list? Does an activity be For Everyone to show up there as well?

Hi Jane. If we have scored KOM but had our maps visibility restrictions on (didn’t realise) - then go and turn map visibility restrictions all off, will it update our time onto the leaderboard? 

Hi @Az83-NZSI 

Thanks for asking this question.  Any changes you make to your default settings won't be applied retroactively to previous activities.  However you can edit those activities individually and change the privacy settings.  

Check out the information and instructions here

Let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)

Thanks! That was the issue. In the past it was available even with privacy on followers. 

Thank you!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @JoMiSan 

Thanks for posting about this.  I would recommend double checking your map visibility settings.

We have recently made a change to our map visibility settings for all athletes where the first and last 200 meters of your activity maps will be hidden by default.  If a segment attempt ends or begins in an area hidden by your map visibility settings, the effort will not be placed on overall/public leaderboards. You will not receive a CR, XOM, or Local Legend for these efforts. However, you will still be eligible to receive personal records on these segment matches. 

If you wish to change your default preference, learn more here.

If you wish to update an individual activity, learn more here

To read about Map Visibility, please refer to this article. And for more information on all of our privacy controls, please visit our privacy center and take the time to ensure your selections in Strava represent your intended experience.

Please let us know if that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)