cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spurious duplicated Activity ?

Ian
Elbrus

I've recently had minor problems when I have cropped a bike ride (something I usually do to get ride of "noise" at the start and end of a ride) and I see a spurious duplicate of the ride before it was cropped.  I've done about 900 bike rides and never had the problem until about 2 weeks ago and it's happened again today - I crop the ride as normal and then I notice a copy of the pre-cropped ride in my feed but with the Activity set to "indoor cycling" and showing no Segments (the copy has the same start time as the cropped version and is slightly longer).  It's almost as though the cropping process somehow failed and didn't delete the original version.  Is it safe to delete the copy ? It's obviously related to the cropped version and I don't want to risk losing that (and the associated performances).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear you're having that issue.  We'll be happy to work with you and see what's going on.  

Please submit a support ticket

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DCarr
Mt. Kenya

I think I have the same issue, but without the cropping step.  Record a ride or walk on Android Strava app, Save, get two activities.  One is 'real' - has distance, a track on the map, time and elevation and has no tags.  The other has a distance, time and (for a walk) calories or (for a ride) speed, and has (for a walk) a 'Treadmill' tag or (for a ride) an 'Indoor Cycling' tag.  It looks like it started after mid-December, 2022.

Was there a general solution found?  Or does it require direct interaction?  Can supply the activity IDs if that helps.

Thanks!

Hello @DCarr 

Sorry to hear about the duplicate issue.  Yes, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to take a look t your account to see what's going on.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear you're having that issue.  We'll be happy to work with you and see what's going on.  

Please submit a support ticket

Jane (she/her)