cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava should enable gift subscriptions again

ron_anejo
Mt. Kenya

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001685450-Gifting-a-Subscription states:

"For the time being, we have removed the option to gift a subscription to an athlete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience."

This seems to be a really bad idea. I was just looking up how to give a gift subscription. If it isn't possible, I'll be spending my Christmas gift money elsewhere.

Strava should consider enabling gift subscriptions again and stop throwing income away.

47 REPLIES 47

EricvdB
Mt. Kenya

And please, If the possibility is returned to active duty, enable us to choose between 1, 3, 6, 12 months

butcher
Mt. Kenya

strava dont want my money... hmmm...

VikK
Kilimanjaro

A cynic might say there won't be any gifting until all the price rises have completed in 2023. Otherwise you could buy many years worth of subs at the old price. 

Vik

Lcmb
Mt. Kenya

Hi @Soren , is there any update? I want to gift a subscription but It's now available yet 😞

Hi, I shared an update in this thread earlier in May: "we unfortunately aren't bringing gifting back this year, it's on the back burner for now. I will resurface this with our product team and let them know about the interest you've all expressed!" -- sorry!

I've just tried to find how to buy a gift subscription for my son only to find that this is no longer an option. I've never come across a company before who refuses to accept business from so many customers! Surprising business decision!!!!

Really strange idea, I found this when looking to buy my wife's subscription as a birthday present. Even stranger that no reasoning has been given for it. The strange world of modern customer service where you tell us it's a great idea, and you 'want' to bring it back but give no explanation for why you have withdrawn a service. I find it patronising and ubiquitous amongst modern companies with a stranglehold on a model. You don't listen and just offer platitudes. Time to find a business that wants to work with its customers. 

This is a really disappointing decision by Strava. I've given gift subscriptions to both of my sons in recent years, and I'm sorry that I won't be able to do that again. It strikes me as a very poor business decision that will drive users away. Please reconsider.

jlegelis
Mt. Kenya

Bumping this again... beyond strange I can't gift a yearly subscription to Strava.  Can't imagine what product management is thinking (or not thinking).  How hard is this? 

Soren
Denali

We appreciate the interest on gifting a Subscription and appreciate the discussion around this topic. Our gifting platform needed an overhaul and we are hoping to bring it back in 2023. We know that this ability is missed and we’ll absolutely let the community know when it’s coming back!