cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava should enable gift subscriptions again

ron_anejo
Mt. Kenya

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001685450-Gifting-a-Subscription states:

"For the time being, we have removed the option to gift a subscription to an athlete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience."

This seems to be a really bad idea. I was just looking up how to give a gift subscription. If it isn't possible, I'll be spending my Christmas gift money elsewhere.

Strava should consider enabling gift subscriptions again and stop throwing income away.

46 REPLIES 46

Shobhitb12
Mt. Kenya

I would really appreciate if a workaround for gifting premium subscription was availvle

jhoney12
Mt. Kenya

Oh no! I was really looking forward to purchasing a year-long gift subscription for someone. I hope the option becomes available again in the future. Fingers crossed!

sgtcoder
Mt. Kenya

I don't understand why Strava gifting isn't available anymore? They want to charge more for subscriptions, but don't want the money? Even Steam still has this feature still available. I really wanted to gift my cycling friend a month or more of Strava as a New Year present for extra feature motivation and so she can see her "Year in Sport 2023". The one good thing I want to do in my life I cannot even do. Ridiculous.

danw
Pico de Orizaba

For a company that apparently needs my money to remove this feature when it was already present is very strange. I am guessing there is some kind of technical reason for this but without a clear explanation I guess we're all in the dark.

Olychamp
Mt. Kenya

This is the biggest reason why I cancelled my subscription. 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello,
We appreciate your interest in this; unfortunately we are not bringing gifting back this year; it's on the back burner for now. You can continue to add your feedback and kudos to this thread; this will be reviewed by our product team. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Please can Strava explain the reasons for this? The gift subscription system worked well, it seems difficult for many people to comprehend why it was withdrawn, and seemingly no plans to reintroduce?

You’d think for the increasing subscription rates you’d be able to fund the ability to keep gifting, along with better overall service. 

MarkyBCus
Mt. Kenya

Just discovered the gifting option is gone too. I've gifted Strava multiple times and wanted to do so today. Guess I won't. I'm sure they have their reasons for not offering gifting anymore. But it would appear, correcting that, accepting more revenue, should be a priority heading in to the 2023 holiday. Weird choice. Any news @Soren?