cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Wear OS app auto pause func.

Zafer
Shkhara

Hello,

I am a cyclist and use Strava Wear OS. My only issue is that auto pause is not working. I seen it works great in running mode. Moreover, I don't jog, I just rode in jogging mode to try it while cycling. Unfortunately it is not possible in cycling mode. I've witnessed it only work two or three times. And I've noticed that it works if you make a very abrupt stop when going at very high speed. Apart from that, automatic pause works when you enter a place that does not see GPS. But, no working never outdoors. And, I'm using Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS device.
Anyone having the same problem and found a solution?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Zafer
Shkhara

Strava ticket number #2491775 

Thank you.

Zafer
Shkhara

I understand that, when you enter closed areas, it automatically pauses, there is no problem. But the problem is already in outdoors. No obstacle for GPS signal. Pausing in the outdoors does not work at all. To test it, I take the Watch off my wrist and still, but it still doesn't pause.

Hi Zafer,

Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Zafer,

Thanks for your post about Strava Wear OS and auto pause.  The auto-pause threshold is slightly different between riding and running, and for rides it does take slightly longer to activate.  If your GPS signal is weak (this can happen if you are near anything that obstructs the line of sight to the sky) then it can take add to the amount of time if takes to detect you are paused, and is likely contributing to the problem you are experiencing.

If you find recording in run mode gives better results, the best workaround for now may be to record in run mode and then edit the activity to a ride in Strava after it uploads.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team