cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted pictures in my Strava feed

KarlS
Shkhara

Suddenly I'm getting lots of pictures in my feed from people I do not follow. Seems to be coming from clubs I am a member of. Almost exclusively pictures of bikes. Some days so many that it feels like real spam. Is there a way to filter these out or is quitting the clubs my only options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All:

Apologies for any confusion over this recent change.

Club posts made by club members will now appear in the Home feed for all club members.

As a couple of you have already mentioned, If you do not want to see posts from a specific club in your feed, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Strava mobile app.
2. Locate a post from the relevant club in your Home feed and tap the three-dot icon.
3. Select the option to “Mute Posts From Club Members”.

You may need to pull down on your feed to refresh it before the posts are hidden. Be aware that you will still see posts from the club admins in your feed.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57

Hello @TC_89 

Thanks for letting us know Club posts are still appearing in your Feed.  We would be happy to look at your account and investigate what's going on.  Please submit a support ticket

Jane (she/her)

As of Sunday, 2 days after "the experiment has been turned off ", I'm still getting more of those pictures.

@Jane - Thank you for listening to the feedback and acting accordingly.  For features like this, and others as well, setting it up so the users can opt-in if they want would seem to be a good way to go about it.  Don't force something on everyone, but give those who would like it the option to have it.  Maybe set up a toggle on the club page that each club member could toggle on or off to have the club posts show up in their main feed.  There are a couple clubs I am part of that I might like seeing the posts more actively in my feed, but I definitely do not want to see all of them that way.  I will go to the club page once in a while to catch up on any news there, but my main feed is where I want to see my and my friend's activities.  

melaniexyz
Mt. Kenya

I love being in larger clubs but when when the club members are posting a lot, my entire newsfeed turns into into club posts (for example, Brooks club has been only pet pictures for a few weeks) and I don’t see any updates from people I am following on the app. 

The ability to unfollow clubs without leaving them would help with this a lot! 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @KarlS 

Thanks for posting about this.  We’re in the process of testing the experience of surfacing club member posts in the home feed. There’s currently no way to disable this, however, you are free to leave a club at any time if you don’t wish to be shown posts from its members.

We do appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and I’ve passed your comments along to our Product team.

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)

I agree with the above poster. I find it very annoying and unwanted. It would have been helpful if you would have asked the community first, if they would be interested in having their feed inundated with posts from unknown folks.

Even though the experiment has been "turned off", I am still receiving those posts.

You can now disable them by tapping the 3 dots icon on the post in question. There you can mute all member posts for this very club. For other clubs you have to repeat the process.

Any option for those who don't use mobile app and only desktop website? I don't see any.

No, you must do it with mobile app. Desktop web does not have that function.