cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Ride KOM?

TacitusD
Mt. Kenya

Does anyone know how to post a virtual ride, but not have it count towards the leader board? I did a virtual ride and got a KOM on a section of that ride.  Which doesn't feel quite fair.  Doing it inside isn't the same as being on the actual road.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @TacitusD ,

Thanks for posting about this.  Virtual rides should upload to Strava with activity type of "virtual ride" which prevents them from appearing on regular segment leaderboards.

In order to classify an activity under a virtual sport type, the activity must be originally recorded as a virtual activity using a supported virtual trainer or treadmill. Performing this action will ensure that your activity file uploaded to Strava has the correct sport type information included. Athletes are not able to classify activities manually as virtual.

If you're recording virtual activities and they are uploading to Strava with the regular "ride" activity type, and not the "virtual ride" activity type, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @TacitusD ,

Thanks for posting about this.  Virtual rides should upload to Strava with activity type of "virtual ride" which prevents them from appearing on regular segment leaderboards.

In order to classify an activity under a virtual sport type, the activity must be originally recorded as a virtual activity using a supported virtual trainer or treadmill. Performing this action will ensure that your activity file uploaded to Strava has the correct sport type information included. Athletes are not able to classify activities manually as virtual.

If you're recording virtual activities and they are uploading to Strava with the regular "ride" activity type, and not the "virtual ride" activity type, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

@Jane no support ticket needed. I was uploaded right. I think what I was miss understanding is the KOM I have is against other virtual rides. Not against a normal road ride on the same segment. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings