cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a new club

bkooltuck
Mt. Kenya

Hi Strava:  We would like to start a employee fitness club on Strava.  What is the best way to start the fitness group??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sunny415
Strava
Strava

Hi @bkooltuck,

Thanks for asking. We're working on allowing club creation and editing on mobile, though, presently this can only be done on Strava.com. On the site, click the Clubs tab in the global navigation, then the 'Create a Club' button on the top right. 

You will be able to set the club details, including the sport type, and start inviting athletes you're already connected to on Strava to your club. If you are inviting new athletes to Strava, your best option is to copy the club link and send it externally to those you are inviting. You can also make the club invite-only so admins can approve un-invited athletes requesting to join the club. This option is found in the mobile app too after the club has been created, along with other club behavior and display controls, by going to the club page in the app and pressing the gear icon in the top right corner. 

@virtualjsk, Clubs on Strava are free to use, and club members do not need a subscription to Strava to participate in your community.  

Best of luck building your communities, and don't hesitate to post more questions!

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JD1
Mt. Kenya

I have set upon new club to support a January Fitness challenge. It is currently showing all of my Strava history. Ideally I would like it to start from 1 Jan only. is this possible? 

Sunny415
Strava
Strava

Hi @bkooltuck,

Thanks for asking. We're working on allowing club creation and editing on mobile, though, presently this can only be done on Strava.com. On the site, click the Clubs tab in the global navigation, then the 'Create a Club' button on the top right. 

You will be able to set the club details, including the sport type, and start inviting athletes you're already connected to on Strava to your club. If you are inviting new athletes to Strava, your best option is to copy the club link and send it externally to those you are inviting. You can also make the club invite-only so admins can approve un-invited athletes requesting to join the club. This option is found in the mobile app too after the club has been created, along with other club behavior and display controls, by going to the club page in the app and pressing the gear icon in the top right corner. 

@virtualjsk, Clubs on Strava are free to use, and club members do not need a subscription to Strava to participate in your community.  

Best of luck building your communities, and don't hesitate to post more questions!

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

virtualjsk
Mt. Kenya

I am trying to do the same thing and trying to understand whether the employees I invite will need to have a full (paid) membership to Strava in order to participate.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings