cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey there, if you're new here come and say hi and talk to us about cheese ‌🧀‌ (November)

LouB
Strava Alumni

Welcome to Strava Community Hub! Use this thread to introduce yourself and meet some new people. 

We'd love to hear more about who you are, what activities interest you and also importantly what your favorite cheese is 🧀

Here's mine:

• Scotland born but now California based (the 😎 shines more here)
  • I love hiking, running (sometimes) and also hoping to establish maze based walking/solving as an up and coming sport type, cause it's a real workout running round those things. 
  • I love cheese. My favorites right now are anything from Wisconsin or California though especially enjoying Gouda recently and trying out some vegan cheeses like Cashew or Smoked Gouda. 

Share your story, favorite cheese or favorite cheese based story. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

16 REPLIES 16

matcar97
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone!

Am new to this chat, introducing myself. I live in Switzerland.

I started running during the first lockdown in the Covid pandemic, and since then I have more and more increased the frequency and intensity running. Not bad at my 60 years, and feeling well!

Looking forward good exchanges in this chat! 

Welcome @matcar97 thanks for sharing. Great to hear you've picked up a new activity recently. Switzerland has great cheese, what's your favorite?

Eve
(She/her)

RonC
Shkhara

Hey! Ron here from The Rockies in Alberta. I am a long distance running enthusiast and just recently earned a PR in my last half marathon race at 1h 44 min. I am a software development manager and love everything about Strava. I know software and their quality is top of class! As for cheese. As long as it isn’t blue I’ll eat it. Especially if it has jalapeños in it! 

LouB
Strava Alumni

Hi and welcome along. Congrats on the PR that's an impressive time. I agree with you on the cheese front - I want to like blue cheese but I just can't bring myself to. I have however found the ones with ash in the middle to be quite tasty.

Eve
(She/her)

Hi @RonC 

Just adding my welcome and thanks for joining our community!  Fellow Albertan here (Red Deer area), although I haven't lived there for quite some time.  I'm guessing you do mostly trail running, since you're in the mountains?  How do you cope with the snow or do you switch to indoor running for the winter?  

Jane (she/her)

Hey Jane. I still do mostly road with a bit of trail. I’m not the best on uneven terrain. As for winter, I run a lot at the track or on my treadmill. I really enjoy the iFIT sessions. 

I'm a road runner myself - I have an old ankle injury that activates whenever I run on uneven terrain. Are you currently training for any events or races?

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings