cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many un-synced training sessions?

Doubleglazing84
Shkhara

I plan to do a thru-hike similar to the Pacific Crest Trail where there could be a few days without cell service.

I know the Strava app can allow you to save un-synced training sessions. I just tested and was able to save 10. My tests were short, just a few minutes long. I wonder if I can save several long days hiking un-synced. For example Is there a data limit? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Doubleglazing84 

Thanks for posting about this.  The Strava App is not actually designed to save activities in phone memory and this behavior may be unpredictable if you try to use the App in this manner.  For reliable results, we recommend saving and uploading after each activity.  We also don't recommend trying to record a single activity that is more than one day in length.

There are many third party GPS devices that can reliably record and save multiple activities on the device until you get a chance to upload; that might be an option you want to consider.  Many of those devices, including popular ones like Garmin and Wahoo, can then sync that data to Strava.  

Another option would be to enter your activity data manually into Strava.

I hope that's helpful.  Best wishes for your hike and we would love to hear an update about how it goes.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Doubleglazing84 

Thanks for posting about this.  The Strava App is not actually designed to save activities in phone memory and this behavior may be unpredictable if you try to use the App in this manner.  For reliable results, we recommend saving and uploading after each activity.  We also don't recommend trying to record a single activity that is more than one day in length.

There are many third party GPS devices that can reliably record and save multiple activities on the device until you get a chance to upload; that might be an option you want to consider.  Many of those devices, including popular ones like Garmin and Wahoo, can then sync that data to Strava.  

Another option would be to enter your activity data manually into Strava.

I hope that's helpful.  Best wishes for your hike and we would love to hear an update about how it goes.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thank you, I discovered my Coros Apex Pro has a Hike program that allows you to do multiple day hikes whereby you can upload when you have cell service. So this should work well.

Many thanks