cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Not recording moving time correctly for Android version 331.9 & 332.10

Machyde23
Shkhara

I use Strava on a Samsung S22.  Recently it has stopped recording moving time correctly.  Take today.  Did a 3.74 ml hike.  Elapsed time 1:52:22, moving time 0:44:20!  This gives an average moving pace of 11:58/mile, which is just not right.  Max speed was 23.4 mph!!  Have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again without success.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We are happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this.

Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should be resolved in the most recent app version of 333.10; Please update your Strava app to the current version:

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We are happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this.

Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should be resolved in the most recent app version of 333.10; Please update your Strava app to the current version:

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Dajota75
Mt. Kenya

Have you managed to get yours sorted? Mine has been playing up for the past week and also tonight.

Have you installed the update to the app?  Version 333.10 is now available.  It seemed better this morning.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Thanks for your posts and sorry for the trouble.

We are experiencing GPS tracking issues on Android version 331.9 and 332.10.

Normally if there is an issue with the GPS communication with your device, you will see a jagged route with points moving off your activity's path or straight lines indicating the route. Overall though, you will notice how this issue affects distance, speed, and time recordings as well as issues with segment matching. 

Our engineers have been working diligently to restore accurate recording to impacted devices and we expect the fix to be available soon.

For updates, please check this article: Inaccurate Stats on Activities Recorded With the Android App, be sure to click 'follow' in order to be notified of any updated.

We appreciate your time and communication as we work to resolve this issue. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi I did my run again tonight and had the same problem. I did 3 miles but strava only recorded 2.4miles the same as it did last week and a couple of days ago? When will this problem be solved please as this is disrupting my training

Scout.  Why hasn't the problem with Android 332.10 been fixed yet?  I am paying for a premium service that I haven't been receiving for the past week?  It really shouldn't take your engineers this long to restore accurate recording.

Thank you for responding.

Just to let you know that I am not using android devices, it is all Apple 

Hey @JohnCo
Thanks for the additional info. Please submit a support ticket and our team can take a closer look at your account and further investigate. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

JohnCo
Shkhara

It’s been 4 days for me, it hasn’t recorded any of my movements. Does anyone know what is happening?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings