cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Steps are not displayed in the feed after walks

cmttr
Mt. Kenya

1000078348.png

Hello dear community,

unfortunately, after my walks, no step count is displayed in the activity feed, only the altitude. Is there somewhere I can set this? I record my walks and other activities with a Garmin Forerunner 265.

Thank you for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @cmttr
Thanks for your post. We're sending this over to our Support team so they can take a look and see what's going on. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

FOLLOW UP FROM SUPPORT: Please be sure you've granted the physical activity permissions in the mobile app.  This allows us to collect the step data from your mobile device during the recording process. You should be prompted to enable this when you select 'Walk' as the desired activity type in the app.

If you'd previously denied the permission, not only do you need to allow the permission once more, you'll also need to then go to the sensor menu and enable the running cadence sensor.

This is the screen you should see for enabling sensors:

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 4.54.46 PM.png

If you still have issues after doing the above, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Scout
Moderator Moderator

FOLLOW UP FROM SUPPORT: Please be sure you've granted the physical activity permissions in the mobile app.  This allows us to collect the step data from your mobile device during the recording process. You should be prompted to enable this when you select 'Walk' as the desired activity type in the app.

If you'd previously denied the permission, not only do you need to allow the permission once more, you'll also need to then go to the sensor menu and enable the running cadence sensor.

This is the screen you should see for enabling sensors:

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 4.54.46 PM.png

If you still have issues after doing the above, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Your solution worked perfectly fine, thanks a lot!! 🎉

Hi @cmttr please how were you able to solve the steps issue, I tried out the solution here it wasn't working for me. I will highly appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Hey @abdulsamodazeez
If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and our support team can help troubleshoot this for you. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I've submitted a support ticket twice but didn't receive any helpful response from the team.

Hey @abdulsamodazeez
Thanks for the follow up post. I see you have an open ticket with us; #2855009. Our support agent will get back to you as soon as possible to further troubleshoot. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

@cmttr
Glad to hear that; thanks for confirming that this resolved the issue!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Rameshtrichy
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Could not find steps in my feed or activity. I use an Android mobile. As suggested in one of the pages, I couldn't see Applications as well. Please help.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @cmttr
Thanks for your post. We're sending this over to our Support team so they can take a look and see what's going on. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)