cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisdom Wednesday - November 22nd 2023

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Welcome back to Wisdom Wednesday! Every other Wednesday we'll drop a question in the Community Hub. You then have 9 days (that's until the following Friday) to showcase your Strava knowledge and answer the question.

Question: How do I set my max heart rate zone? 

image (20).png

Remember to submit your answer in the comments by December 1st. The winner will be randomly selected from the correct answers to win a free one-month Strava subscription! 🙌 

The lucky winner will be announced on December 6th.

Already a Strava Subscriber? You'll get a free month added to the end of your Subscription period.

Click here to subscribe to this series and ensure you don't miss any future posts:  Wisdom Wednesdays

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

2 REPLIES 2

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Thank you to those who participated! Congrats to @Jana_S, the winner of this round of Wisdom Wednesday!

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jana_S
Elbrus

This is a simple one 🙂 but useful! It’s good that it’s editable - that way, the heart rate zones actually make sense.

The max HR can be set in Profile > Edit > scroll down and tap Max Heart Rate. Enter the value and save. 

On a side note, it’s good to do a stress test to determine the max HR, or estimate it e.g. from a short race. Those generic formulas such as “220 minus age” are often wildly inaccurate (my actual maximum HR is way higher than what the formula says).

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings