cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A change of Garmin devices has duplicated previous activities in Strava

Garryg
Mt. Kenya

Has anyone else had this problem. I recently swapped Garmin devices (screen broke on Edge 1030) so for subsequent rides, I have used an Edge 820 Garmin model. I have noticed that previous Strava activities have now duplicated the rides, one showing recorded with the 1030 which is correct and a duplicate activity (same data) but showing recorded with the 820 (which I hadn’t started using). These duplicates have gone back several months. Does anyone know why this has happened and also is there an easier way (than going through each activities) and deleting the duplicate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Garryg 

Thanks for posting about this.  Was someone else using the 820 device - maybe one of your riding partners - prior to you connecting it to your Strava account?  When you connect a new (to you) Garmin device to your Strava account, 90 days worth of history from that device will upload to your account, and that can create duplicates.

Someone from our Strava Support Team would be happy to take a look and help you sort this out. We can delete activities in bulk when necessary.

Please submit a support ticket and someone will get in touch.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Garryg 

Thanks for posting about this.  Was someone else using the 820 device - maybe one of your riding partners - prior to you connecting it to your Strava account?  When you connect a new (to you) Garmin device to your Strava account, 90 days worth of history from that device will upload to your account, and that can create duplicates.

Someone from our Strava Support Team would be happy to take a look and help you sort this out. We can delete activities in bulk when necessary.

Please submit a support ticket and someone will get in touch.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team